PATIENT ACCESS TO SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
NORTH ROAD SUITE AT RAVENSTHORPE
UPDATED WEDNESDAY 8th APRIL 2020
THE PRACTICE PHONE LINES WILL REMAIN OPEN AS NORMAL ON
GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER MONDAY 8AM TO 12.30 AND 1.30 TO 6PM
The following Practice Services will continue as per then information below
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS AND OUR PRACTICE TEAMS
To stop the spread of the coronavirus we have has to strictly limit access to the whole of Ravensthorpe Health Centre and therefore you cannot gain access to the Centre unless your GP or Nurse has asked you to come to the Practice.
There are various signs on the doors providing information to patients about appointments, out of hours the NHS 111 service, repeat prescriptions and more
- If you need medical assistance from any member of our clinical team you have to first call our main line: 01924 70767 101 – our patient care advisers will take your initial call then pass this onto one of the clinical team who will call you back. Make sure you keep your phone with you.
The Doctor or Nurse will assess your medical problem with you and we have introduced video consultations if required the Doctor or Nurse will decide that with you.
- ONLY COME TO THE HEALTH CENTRE IF:
- Your GP or Nurse has asked you to do so
- Online appointments
- We have had to suspend the patient online appointment booking facility via your systmonline accounts – however all Patients can use the ‘Engage Consult’ Facility for ROUTINE online consultations if required (see our website home screen) instead.
- You can also access more information by visiting our news page follow this link: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/2852-2/
(ONCE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IS OVER ONLY)
WHEN NORMAL SERVICES RESUME – DATE WILL BE ADVISED
APPOINTMENTS HERE AND WHEN THE PRACTICE IS CLOSED
Please call our main switchboard number on 01924 767 101 to book an appointment at our practice. Urgent cases are seen on the day. If your condition is non-urgent, you can expect to see a GP within two working days, though you may have to wait longer if you want to see a particular GP. If you don’t need an appointment within two working days, you also have the option to book up to 8 weeks in advance if this is more convenient for you.
Monday *7.15—11.50 2.20—6.10
Tuesday *7.15—11.50 3.40—6.10
Wednesday *7.15—10.55 2.20- 6.00
Thursday *7.15—11.40 2.20—6.00
Friday 8.00—11.50 2.20—6.00
*Early morning extended access appointments (pre-bookable) (Note 7.15 to 7.25 are for early morning medical emergency appointments)
For Practice Nurse appointments you can book up to a month ahead for clinics – please see the ‘our services and clinics’ section. Please remember that the phone lines are always busy especially between 8 am and 9.30 when patients are ringing to make appointments.
Avoid the queue and book on line – register for our online services follow this link for more information: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/services/online-services/
For more information about the NHS App follow this link: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/nhs-app/
Alternatively avoid the queue and register for our online booking service which is quick and easy to use – book or cancel you appointment online. PRACTICE LEAFLET JAN 2020
More information is contained in this leaflet ROUTINE AND EMERGENCY CARE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY NRS routine and emergency care NRS routine and emergency care AUG 2019 and our Top tip guide to appointments here TOP TIPS for practice services JUNE 2018
WEEKDAY EVENING AND WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS WHEN THE PRACTICE IS CLOSED WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS
Pre-bookable and on-the-day appointments are available between:
6.30 pm and 9.30 pm each weekday, with additional slots available on
Saturdays from 9 am and 4 pm and
Sundays 9 am and 1 pm.
How to book an evening or weekend appointment? You can do one of two things
- Ring the ‘out of hours’ service appointments team on 01924 925517 during the above opening times to book an appointment in the out of hours service.
- When your own GP Practice is open on 01924 767 101 and our team can book an appointment for you
ALWAYS CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND OR NO LONGER REQUIRE IT SO IT CAN BE OFFERED TO ANOTHER PATIENT.
These appointments ARE NOT at North Road Suite, they will be available in Dewsbury Health Centre via the bottom car park entrance at Calder View Surgery, or Broughton House Surgery, Liversedge Health Centre. Appointments are provided by Curo Health Ltd staffed by our local GP’s already working in the Kirklees locality.
Other useful information
THE PRACTICE IS CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING BANK HOLIDAYS
GOOD FRIDAY 10TH APRIL 2020
EASTER MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2020
MAY DAY IS ON FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2020 TO
COMMEMORATE VICTORY IN EUROPE DAY 75TH ANNIVERSARY
MONDAY 25TH MAY 2020 (SPRING BANK HOLIDAY)
MONDAY 24TH AUGUST 2020
The Practice is closed on the following bank holidays – Good Friday and Easter Monday, May Day, Spring Bank Holiday in May, August Bank Holiday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. The Practice will be closed additional days if the Bank Holiday falls on a Saturday or a Sunday. Details are always posted in the Practice and on this website.
PRACTICE PROTECTED TIME CLOSURES FOR TEAM TRAINING
- ONE TUESDAY IN EACH MONTH THE PRACTICE CLOSES AT 1 PM AND DOES NOT OPEN TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY (WEDNESDAY AT 7.30 AM)
- THIS ALLOWS US TO CARRY OUT OUR ESSENTIAL TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME WITH ALL OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS THAT ARE ORDERED ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE TUESDAY TRAINING DAY WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION ON THE FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY AT 7.15 AM
- WE WILL ALWAYS POST SIGNS IN RECEPTION AND ON THE HEALTH CENTRE DOORS REMINDING OUR PATIENTS OF THE TRAINING DAYS.
TRAINING TUESDAYS FOR 2020
|21st January 2020||18th February 2020||17th March 2020||21st April 2020|
19th May 2020
|16th June 2020||21st July 2020||
18th August 2020
|15th September 2020||20th October 2020||17th November 2020||
15th December 2020
| January 2021 to be confirmed
The Practice closes at 1 pm on these training days and re-opens at 7.15 am to following day.
The Practice is closed on the following Bank Holidays
Good Friday 10th April 2020
Easter Monday 13th April 2020
May day is on FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2020 TO
COMMEMORATE VICTORY IN EUROPE DAY 75TH ANNIVERSARY
Monday 25TH May 2020 (Spring Bank Holiday)
Monday 24th August 2020
More details will be posted nearer to the actual Bank Holiday
When the Practice is closed call
The NHS telephone number to call when you need medical help fast but it is not a 999 emergency. You can ring the 111 number 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Calls are free from land lines and mobiles.
Why not download the NHS App which has symptom checker and health advice at: https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/
or visit the NHS Website at: https://www.nhs.uk/
Click on this link to access more information: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/bank-holiday-opening-times-repeat-medication-and-out-of-hours-gps/