Our Practice Team ares supporting the lullaby trust campaign and parents to access the ABCs of SAFER SLEEPING FOR BABIES
You can access the lullaby trust website here https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/
below are a number of useful leaflets which can be downloaded
Kirklees Local Offer for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities
The Kirklees Local Offer is for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education and more for children and young people aged 0-25.
It is part of the Children and Families Act which brought in a number of important changes about support and services. The local offer will continue to develop over the coming months to cover:
- Learning – from early years through schools, colleges to employment.
- Health – from GPs and health visitors to hospitals and specialist care.
- Social Care – from assessments for support, safeguarding, to respite and short breaks.
- Other services – such as leisure and after school activities. Self-help information about a range of conditions and related subjects.
Information about the additional needs register and how to register.
About the register
The Kirklees Additional Needs Register is a list of children and young people (0-25 years) with special educational needs and/or disabilities in Kirklees.
The register is a list of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities in Kirklees. Registration is voluntary.
The information you provide will give us a clearer picture of special educational needs and disability in Kirklees and helps us to plan for services.
By registering you will be entitled to a free ‘Flexi Card’ with Kirklees Active Leisure giving your family a 20% discount on a wide range of activities
- To help to raise awareness we have included a link to the Kirklees Local Offer website http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/special-education/additional-needs-register.aspx
- you can also download this information leaflet here: additional needs flyer