NORTH ROAD SUITE AT RAVENSTHORPE
UPDATED Monday 22 February 2021
Testing is now open to any member of the public with COVID-19 symptoms by visiting http://nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119 to book a test.
*NEW* Click on link to open / download : Vaccine Information Key Facts
The following Practice Services will continue as per the information below. Please note we have remained open to all patients since Covid-19 started but are working differently to protect patients and staff and to maintain services. We have worked in line with government guidelines.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS AND OUR PRACTICE TEAMS
To stop the spread of the coronavirus we have had to strictly limit access to the whole of Ravensthorpe Health Centre and therefore you cannot gain access to the Centre unless your GP or Nurse has asked you to come to the Practice.
There are various signs on the doors providing information to patients about appointments, out of hours the NHS 111 service, repeat prescriptions and more
- If you need medical assistance from any member of our clinical team you have to first call our main line: 01924 767 101 – our patient care advisers will take your initial call then pass this onto one of the clinical team who will call you back. Make sure you keep your phone with you.
The Doctor or Nurse will assess your medical problem with you and we have introduced video consultations if required the Doctor or Nurse will decide that with you.
**We are working through the priority groups of patients for Covid vaccinations. If we send you an SMS message to your mobile asking you to contact us to book your appointment please ring after 10am. This will help us to deal with urgent medical queries first. Thank you.**
- ONLY COME TO THE HEALTH CENTRE IF:
- Your GP or Nurse has asked you to do so
- *Help us help you stay safe – When you come to the GP surgery, you will need to wear a face covering. This can be a mask, scarf or homemade face covering. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose. Please arrive on time and alone wherever possible. Please use the hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the building. By doing so you are helping to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus and keeping our surgery safe.*
- Online appointments
- We have had to suspend the patient online appointment booking facility via your systmonline accounts – however all Patients can use the ‘Engage Consult’ Facility for ROUTINE online consultations if required (see our website home screen) instead.
- You can also access more information by visiting our news page follow this link: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/2852-2/
COVID VACCINATION. updated 21.12.20
Following extensive trials, the first safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine has been approved in the UK and is now available to priority groups.
Vaccinations are being delivered according to priority groups identified by the national Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). The vaccinations may not take place at your GP practice.
When it is the right time for you to have your vaccination, you will receive an invitation to come forward. This may be by text, phone or letter from your GP practice or NHS.
We know you will be eager to get protected but we are asking patients not to contact us to get an appointment. You will not be able to make an appointment until it is your turn to be vaccinated.
If you have a mobile telephone number and have not yet made us aware of it or if your mobile number has changed, please contact the surgery on 01924 767101 after 2pm Monday-Friday during opening hours to update us.
Local Covid-19 testing site in Ravensthorpe
Location: Ravensthorpe KNH (Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing), Queens Street, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury WF13 3BT
- Every day from Wednesday 5 August 2020 for a minimum of 4 weeks 8am to 8pm
Getting there: This is a walk-through site. There is no parking on site.
For more information CLICK HERE
*New* Using a Pulse Oximeter at home for Covid patients video: CLICK HERE
Your COVID Recovery website: CLICK HERE
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have been asked consider putting all suitable patients on electronic repeat dispensing as soon as possible This is part of the preparations to prioritise work and help manage an increased pressure on the health service.
Frequently Asked Questions : North Kirklees CCG link CLICK HERE
Guidance on Shielding and people who are “Clinically Extremely Vulnerable” CLICK HERE
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS RESIDENTS IN KIRKLEES CLICK HERE
Travel Corridors (Aviation) / Self isolation : CLICK HERE
PREGNANCY AND CORONAVIRUS: CLICK HERE
Advice during pregnancy – knowing the risks and taking care of yourself – particularly for women from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background: CLICK HERE