NORTH ROAD SUITE AT RAVENSTHORPE
UPDATED Wednesday 28th OCTOBER 2020
Testing is now open to any member of the public with COVID-19 symptoms by visiting http://nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119 to book a test.
The following Practice Services will continue as per the information below. Please note we have remained open to all patients since Covid-19 started but are working differently to protect patients and staff and to maintain services. We have worked in line with government guidelines.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS AND OUR PRACTICE TEAMS
To stop the spread of the coronavirus we have had to strictly limit access to the whole of Ravensthorpe Health Centre and therefore you cannot gain access to the Centre unless your GP or Nurse has asked you to come to the Practice.
There are various signs on the doors providing information to patients about appointments, out of hours the NHS 111 service, repeat prescriptions and more
- If you need medical assistance from any member of our clinical team you have to first call our main line: 01924 767 101 – our patient care advisers will take your initial call then pass this onto one of the clinical team who will call you back. Make sure you keep your phone with you.
The Doctor or Nurse will assess your medical problem with you and we have introduced video consultations if required the Doctor or Nurse will decide that with you.
- ONLY COME TO THE HEALTH CENTRE IF:
- Your GP or Nurse has asked you to do so
- *Help us help you stay safe – When you come to the GP surgery, you will need to wear a face covering. This can be a mask, scarf or homemade face covering. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose. Please arrive on time and alone wherever possible. Please use the hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the building. By doing so you are helping to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus and keeping our surgery safe.*
- Online appointments
- We have had to suspend the patient online appointment booking facility via your systmonline accounts – however all Patients can use the ‘Engage Consult’ Facility for ROUTINE online consultations if required (see our website home screen) instead.
- You can also access more information by visiting our news page follow this link: https://northroadsuite.gpsurgery.net/2852-2/
Local Covid-19 testing site in Ravensthorpe
Location: Ravensthorpe KNH (Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing), Queens Street, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury WF13 3BT
- Every day from Wednesday 5 August for a minimum of 4 weeks 8am to 8pm
Getting there: This is a walk-through site. There is no parking on site.
For more information CLICK HERE
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS RESIDENTS IN KIRKLEES CLICK HERE
PREGNANCY AND CORONAVIRUS: CLICK HERE
Advice during pregnancy – knowing the risks and taking care of yourself – particularly for women from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background: CLICK HERE
Face Mask exemption Letters: No GP medical letter needed
Face masks or coverings are now mandatory in most public areas.
We understand that some patients will be anxious about wearing a mask especially those with certain medical conditions.
GP’s are not required or in a position to provide exemption letters for patients who believe they should be exempt from wearing a face covering.
The current guidance suggests there is no requirement for the public to provide medical evidence for exemption from wearing face masks therefore a self- declaration should be sufficient.
Please follow the GOV.UK link below for more information on the use of face coverings.
For specific requirements in reference to public transport, shops or other areas where masks are required please contact those specific companies for further information.